Build foundational knowledge in data, AI, digital connectivity, network engineering and sustainability. Develop projects, gain work experience, and earn a certificate through our courses taught by industry professionals.
We offer a range of Courses from 1-day immersions, to 8-week Courses with work experience and Mentoring.
Digital Academy Spring Courses
Get Started with Data & AI
25th March - 6th May 2024
In addition to 1-hour weekly live and recorded courses with professionals from industry, students will have the opportunity to participate in Digital Challenges and project application as a work experience with support from mentors.
The course guides students through a self-paced online curriculum that will help to prepare students for a Microsoft exam on Fundamentals of AI with Microsoft Azure.
What Will You Do?
- Jobs of the Future: A Day in the Life of the Pros
- Data Science and Data Analytics – What’s the Difference?
- Introduction to AI and Responsible AI
- Data Fundamentals: How to work with data
- AI Fundamentals: Generative AI, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision
- Hands on Lab: Transform Data & build an AI model using Machine Learning.
Students should be comfortable with basic concepts of computing and math and be able to use a PC with an Internet connection and video camera.
Study Time Required: 12 hours (1-2 hours per week over 6 weeks)
- Laura Osbourn, Cloud Solutions Architect, Microsoft
- Raquel Hernando, Business Intelligence Analyst, Elastacloud
This course takes place over 6 sessions on the following dates:
- Monday, Mar 25th @ 5:30-6:30pm GMT
- Monday, Apr 8th @ 5:30-6:30pm GMT
- Monday, Apr 15th @ 5:30-6:30pm GMT
- Monday, Apr 22th @ 5:30-6:30pm GMT
- Monday, Apr 29th @ 5:30-6:30pm GMT
- Monday, May 6th @ 5:30-6:30pm GMT
Digital Academy: £200. This includes 6 online sessions to learn the fundamentals of data science and gain hands-on experience. All sessions are recorded, so you can catch up if any sessions are missed.
Under 18’s require a consent form by a parent / guardian.
We are conducting a research study with the Digital Camp, Digital Incubator, and Digital Academy with Dr. Jonathan Beale (Oxford, Harvard), Dr. Iro Konstantinou (Eton College), and Dr. Michael Mannino (Flow Research Collective) to test how digital education and purpose-driven programmes can impact academic resilience, performance, and flow in young people as well as growth and development in mentors. Participants will be invited to complete surveys and offer feedback or may opt out of the study.
We aim to inspire a love of learning with young people about technology and support their journeys to first work experiences. We believe it is critical to create an engaging and inclusive environment for girls, which are under-represented in both STEM and in leadership roles.
We’re on a mission to build a sustainable education programme offering skills development and work opportunities for boys and girls of any age through a co-funded model with socially responsible businesses, educational organisations, and government.
This programme is a pilot supported by Vodafone, Microsoft, Elastacloud and volunteers from the tech and business community. Proceeds from the Digital Academy are helping to raise funds to enable us to build a sustainable programme to support students to launch their own businesses. We greatly value your support and feedback.